CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Ma was Raped {Testimony of Connie B}

Abortion
Just hearing or seeing the word sparks something in our hearts. For some it’s a cry for a woman’s right to choose. For others, it is a moral decision that only God should decide. One of the biggest debates and questions surrounding it…what about in the case of rape or incest?

Today’s testimony comes from Connie and the story she shares is a powerful one of love, forgiveness, God’s amazing grace and the power of God to restore and bless as ONLY He can. I read her story a few months ago and knew that it needed to be shared. I was in tears and my heart so full after reading it! I pray yours will be too!!!
(*Note: Connie has a unique way of writing. It makes you want to grab a glass of sweet tea and join her on the swing on the front porch and listen as she shares.)

"I am a woman who is, accordin’ to many people, a very STRONG WOMEN and GOD has been ALL I’ve known.
My sweet ma was brutally raped. She grew up in church and was a strong woman of God herself. She was a single mother and she LOVED me with everythin’ she had…
She never once was angry. She forgave him quickly and embraced a baby that was her “special blessin’".
Four months ago after 5 years of bein’ her caretaker, travelin’ to and fro Ohio, she was able to move to New York last September. We were able to spend six months together makin’ beautiful memories ~ She went to be with Jesus…
She was very well cared for by the baby born from that rape…
So, to all those who think that there’s SHAME in bein’ raped, or think it’s BEST to abort, I say, “look at me and then tell me ya really rather see me dead.”

TRUSTIN’ HIM is truly what makes me a STRONG WOMAN OF GOD!
It still is quite tough on me, havin' no family left. But I know God has plans for me! This is my daily mantra: the deeper your faith, the stronger you'll stand! He's still writin' my story, one page at a time. Everythin' I am, I owe to HIM!"

sweetangel
Connie's sweet Ma

1whiterose11red
Eleven roses at Ma's funeral. The
white represents Connie, the red
her mother's love for her.
















Each of us have a story to share and we would LOVE to share the story God is writing in your life! Your testimony matters. It may be the very thing God will use to minister to someone else. If you are feeling God tug at your heart to share, please contact me at torriesorge@gmail.com or via private message on our Facebook page. I look forward to sharing your testimony very soon!
Be a Blessing,

2 comments:

Christen Kieffner said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my goodness. I wept! What a touching story and testimony to a loving God. I am so happy your mother chose to raise you, she sounded like a very strong women! Your right, God is still writing your story.

candice_frydenlund said... [Reply to comment]

Inspiring!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home