CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Our Marriages Are Worth Fighting For



Matthew 19:6 “"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
Do you  know how to recognize the enemy when he is prowling around your marriage? Are you too distracted to even notice or are you fully equipped to take him on when he arrives? Do you feel your marriage, no matter what happens, is worth fighting for?
This week has been a challenge for me.
Hearing about marriages that are being devoured by the enemy, separations that have taken place and even divorces that are in route, truly makes my heart hurt.
“Love is not self seeking, it’s not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong.” 1 Corinthians 13:5
So it got me thinking, do we look at the things going on in our marriages as challenges, do we look at the whole situation before reacting, do we get angry and stay there long, do we get frustrated at all the things that are not going well, do we take a step back and know that the enemy is prowling around causing all things to happen, to keep us from God?
These questions really made me dig deep into my own marriage to see if I knew when the enemy was prowling around. At first he does sneak in however we catch on quickly and smash his goals immediately.
The bottom line is, I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THE ENEMY to keep me from Gods plan for my marriage and His plans for the Kingdom.
How about you?
Staying two steps ahead of the enemy takes spending a lot of time with God together. The enemy knows are weakness well and will use them against us in any way he sees fit.
Take time to study together helps us to keep our eyes on Christ and what His plan is for our marriage. If we are unsure of what God ask of us, that it is an open invitation for the enemy to come right on it to devour the marriage.
Matthew 19:6 “"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."
So the next time your spouse does not talk to you in love, or your feelings are hurt, you both are arguing over anything, nothing seems to be going right in the marriage. Take a moment to STEP BACK and know that the enemy is prowling around to devour your marriage.
He works through distractions, arguing, hurt feelings, worrying, being upset. All these things keeps us from Gods plan. The quicker we learn this, the harder the enemy has to work to keep us from God.
Has there been a time when the enemy has prowled around your marriage and you did not recognize it?
I would love to hear your comments on this topic.
“A man doesn’t own his marriage; he is only the steward of his wife’s love.” ~ Edwin Louis Cole (Ed Cole)
sonyaSonya is the daughter to the Most High, Help-Meet to her amazing husband Jay. She has 3 sons in which is out on his own and two at home. She homeschools her youngest son. In her spare time you can find her reading a good book, scrapbooking, take photos, and at her home away from home, the baseball field. Sonya blogs over at Becoming a Strong Woman of God about marriage, motherhood, homemaking, parenting, & homeschooling. You can also connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.

Serving Him With Joy,

3 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Hello Sonya I'm a mother of 3 wonderful kids occasionally I feel like the enemy is attacking my marriage and feel that everything is going the wrong way, I pray all the time that God can help me, thanks for your words of wisdom it really encourage me a lot God bless.

myheartsmission said... [Reply to comment]

This is such a great reminder to daily be on guard, and to encourage our friends to also be in prayer together that God would strengthen and protect their marriage. Great post. God bless you.

Jeanette said... [Reply to comment]

It's easy to think that your marriage is going great, especially when other marriages around you are falling apart, making yours look even better. You get complacent and lazy and start failing to recognize the signs of the enemy coming in to attack. A few years ago, we went through some tough situations and I remember waking up one day to the realization that my husband and I were not close anymore and were barely speaking. It seemed out of the blue, but really it had been brewing for several months. Thankfully, we were able to talk that evening, pray a lot together, and start back on the road to a better marriage once again. Now every morning, I remind myself to work on my marriage, fight for my marriage, and strive to improve my marriage.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home