CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

It’s Father’s Day Again

fathers day again
Tears roll down her cheeks as she sits in the pew, men standing all around the room, the congregation clapping. As the dads are being honored all she can think is, “Where’s mine? Why doesn’t he love me? Why didn’t he want me?”
As a little girl growing up with a single mom, Father’s Day was the MOST painful day of the year. Christmas would come and go; birthdays didn’t bother me; but Father’s Day cut me to the core.
I asked my mom these questions time and again and every time she reminded me of a truth that, at the time, I was too young to fully understand; a truth that would eventually makes it’s way into understanding, comfort and hope. She would take me in her arms and say,
“Sweetheart, I don’t know where your dad is. But I do know that you have a Heavenly Father who loves you more than any earthly father ever could.” 
As a girl, her words offered little comfort. I didn’t care about a Heavenly Father I couldn’t see. I wanted an earthly father to love me, pick me up in his arms and swing me around. I wanted to be someone’s little princess. With the passage of time and the persistence of a mother who kept reminding me of this same powerful truth over and over, God began to fill that hole in my heart. He began to open my eyes to what my mom had been telling me all along. He began to reveal Himself in a new and mighty way to me. He became the Father I had always longed for.

If Father’s day is:
~full of reminders of a man you’ve never really known?
~full of bitterness and sadness over a relationship that has crumbled
~full of grief because your dad, your hero, has passed away
…remember the words that my mom poured into me, “You have a Heavenly Father who loves you more than any earthly father ever could.” God does love you, more than you can imagine. He knows your heart and understands your pain. He longs to comfort you today. Will you let him?
“A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.” ~Psalms 68:5
Be A Blessing,

3 comments:

Trish said... [Reply to comment]

Beautifully put

Mrstillery09 said... [Reply to comment]

My husband never knew, and or met his father.  We've talked about it, but thankfully it hasn't really negatively impacted.  I met my husband when he was 14, and in a lot of ways I think my parents truly became his.  This is such an important post though, and it's important to always remember that we will ALWAYS have a wonderful heavenly father.

Iris said... [Reply to comment]

Very beautiful post! I wrote on the same subject because I too grew up without a daddy. You can read it here:

 http://true-l-o-v-e-never-dies.blogspot.de/2012/06/tuesdays-thoughts.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home