CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

He Loves Me {Testimony of Ashley S}

I grew up in a home where we didn't read the Bible. The only time we went to church was when there was a wedding or a funeral. We didn't talk about God or Jesus. Our values were there, but there was something lacking.
I grew into a teenager and found a church I fell in love with. I felt welcome, it made sense to me, and it felt like coming home. Unfortunately, my father felt it was too far to drive to attend every day. And so I stopped going.
I grew into a very rebellious young adult. I found myself making poor decisions, looking for love in all the wrong places, trying to find affirmation and acceptance from someone, anyone. And as I made these poor decisions my parents grew very disappointed in me; and so I continued looking else where for love and acceptance. I wound up drinking too much alcohol, trying drugs, and having sex to gain this approval. At 19 years old, I found myself pregnant.
I spent the next 6 years trying to balance who I felt I should be as a mom with seeking that love and acceptance from someone. June 2011 I got married. This started me in the right direction.
So many of the churches in my area did not make me feel comfortable, made me feel like I still couldn't measure up. Then I found my church home. I left with a feeling of peace. I realized that I was still not living as I should. In February I was baptized and gave my life to Jesus. I still am growing as a woman, wife and mother, but now I have the people to reach out to help. Jesus paid for my sins, He knew that I would struggle and make poor choices and He still loves me.


About AshleyAshley is a wife and mother to one. She enjoys reading, writing, crocheting, and embroidery. You can visit her blog at modern-retro.blogspot.com


Each of us has a story to share. If you would like to share the testimony that God has written in your life, please email me at torriesorge@gmail.com or you can send a private message on BBM’s Facebook page. I look forward to share YOUR story very soon!

Be A Blessing,

2 comments:

Jewelofamom said... [Reply to comment]

Don't you love that about God?? He loves us right where we are. So excited for you Ashley, all the best as you develop and grow in your relationship with the one who loves you more than anyone else.

Molly said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like Jesus was never far from you, even at the lowest points. I'm so encouraged by your story Ashley. Praise be to God! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home