CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Always time for a hug


"Mommy I want to hug you."
Who could say, "no" to that, right?

Unfortunately, I do...too often. I love my kids desperately. I tell them all the time how much I love them and how proud I am of them. I remind them that they are the best blessing, sent down from heaven and being their mommy is the greatest gift EVER. But then I get busy... Cooking dinner, cleaning the bathroom, trying to do the grocery shopping, sitting down to write - after giving multiply hugs, loves and kisses throughout the day, it always seems like our Little Princess wants "just one more".

Although I wrap my arms around her again, at times, my spirit wants to just keep working on the task at hand. After all time is precious and there is a lot to get done in a day's time.

Time IS precious!

Our children are little for such a short time. God has entrusted them to our love and care. How dare I EVER put preparing a meal, doing household chores, or even this blog before the needs of my children...His children.

I'm not the first to struggle in this area. Although not their own children, the disciples too shunned children away. As Jesus was preaching, the people brought their children to him so he could lay hands on them and bless them. The disciples stopped the people, telling them not to bother Jesus. However, Jesus rebuked the disciples! He said,
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”
Jesus ALWAYS had time to children! He was NEVER too busy to welcome them into his arms, even when he was preaching!! What an amazing example for us, for me!

Dear Jesus,
Humbly, I come before you asking for forgiveness. I am so sorry for not taking the opportunity to love on my kids every chance I get. I confess that at times I put other things ahead of them...and you. Thank you for the gift of motherhood and all that it brings! I pray today that you would open my eyes to each and every opportunity to love the children you have blessed me with as you do. Help me become the mom that you've called me to be. Help me remember amid the busyiness of the day that there is always time to show your love because nothing should be more important. I love you Jesus.
In Your Mighty Name,
Amen

4 comments:

Fanta4two said... [Reply to comment]

This is fantastic what a sweet reminder of purposefully stopping to enjoy our children.  I found you from the two are better linkup and so glad I surfed on in.
Im going to follow you in hopes of more of these types of reminders :)
Patty from www.fanta4two.com

Shelley said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Torrie - I am no a Mom but this is a beautiful post and a good reminderto slow down and enjoy these 'things' that are most important.

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

Torrie, what a great reminder.  A former principal of our childrens' encouraged us to spend the first five minutes after you pick them up from school on them exclusively.  I didn't always, but am mindful of it-not on the phone, not distracted, etc.  As they grow, I am more grateful for the quiet times, since they have friends, lives, activities.  One is already talking about being away at college, though that's still a few years away.  We should spend each moment presently.  Things can wait.  Life does not.
Peace and good to you,
Chelle

Megan said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you for the gentle reminder... I have to make room for more snuggles and play time wiht my kids before theya re grown and gone!

Love your beautiful blog. I'm your newest follower!

Blessings, Megan

@ www.increasemyhunger.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home