CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Unplug & Refocus


Every once in awhile, God points you to something that He uses to touch you, convict you right down to your very core. This is what He did to me this morning.

As I began to scroll through the status updates of the morning, I was drawn to a post entitled, How to Miss a Childhood. I assumed it would be about having our children in too many activities, over-extending them too early in life and them missing out on a true childhood. I couldn't have been more wrong!! The post spoke to the very heart of the matter. It exposed what parents are doing (what I am doing) every day that is taking priority over spending quality time with our kids. It's robbing our children of the childhood they truly desire and us of the joy and fulfillment of special moments, memories that will last a lifetime. 

If there is one blog post you read today, please visit Hands Free Momma. How to Miss a Childhood really opened my eyes to changes that I need to make today!!  Starting today, I plan to consiously make the effort to unplug and refocus. Won't you join me?

3 comments:

Ashley Ditto said... [Reply to comment]

Went over and read it! Wow!!! Very eye opening. I don't use my phone a lot but I do check my computer more than I should. The Lord has convicted me about it, and I am trying my hardest to leave it alone. I am glad to say that is has worked!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Ashley, I'm so glad to hear that it is working! I'm going to really stay focused to break some bad habits. Keep me posted on how you are doing. Maybe we can keep each other accountable. Be blessed!

Serving While Saving said... [Reply to comment]

I read this yesterday as well- it is so true and something we ALL could glean from.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home