CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Love Costs Everything

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today my heart is heavy. It didn't start out that way. I woke up on the "right side of the bed," excited for our Tuesday ladies Bible study. I got the kids and myself ready and even had a few minutes to check Facebook. So with coffee in hand, I proceeded to log-on. That's when my mood shifted.

Photo Credit
As a scrolled through the comments and "happy Tuesday" posts, I saw a link. The headline read, "Iranian pastor executed." My heart sank to the pit of my stomach. This story has been in the news for quiet awhile. I've seen headlines asking Christians to lift this man and his family up in prayer; posts crying out for the Iranian government to spare this man's life. I've seen the headlines, and to be completely transparent, they did nothing to me. What brings me to my knees today, didn't even phase me a few days ago. Why did it affect me to deeply today? Why did he have to die before my heart was softened to what Christians are facing all over the world?

I proceeded to take the kids to school and head to Bible study, all the while Pastor Youcef and his family were on my heart and mind. I prayed for his wife and young children as they mourned the loss of their husband & daddy. I prayed that God would not allow any anger or bitterness to take root in their young hearts and that these precious children would see their daddy as a man of God who was not ashamed of the gospel even if it cost him everything!

Later in the afternoon, I went back to find the post so I could read it in its entirety. I searched and searched but couldn't find it. I did a search on Yahoo & Google. It was then that I discovered the post was a hoax, a false report that has been circulating for months. It is true that this man of God has been persecuted and sentenced to death by an Iranian court for denouncing Islam and preaching the gospel. However, as of today, he has not been executed and some reports state that the government of Iran has not sentenced him to death! Praise the Lord!!

But the fact remains, there are thousands - even millions - of Christians around the world who are being tortured and killed for their faith every day.
Every day they are faced with a life or death choice: choose Jesus or choose death. 
These brothers and sisters choose to live a life of boldness and courage I don't fully comprehend. They choose to not live a life fearing what man can do. Instead, they choose to live each day in the reality that, "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Phil 1:21)" 
"And people say to me, 'Why are you not scared?' And I say, 'Because perfect love casts out all fear." 
~quote from Love Costs Everything

Love Costs Everything is a documentary about the persecuted church. Below is a short 2 minute trailer. To learn more or find out how you can get involved, visit http://www.lovecostseverything.com

Be A Blessing,

2 comments:

Kate said... [Reply to comment]

Wow,  very powerful post and such a challenge to us all to make sure that OUR lives be lived as a testimony of faith and in FULL surrender to the One who bought it.

Nicole said... [Reply to comment]

Torrie, this wonderful and scary honest documentary was shown at my church in Kansas a few weeks ago. I was shocked at what I saw, although I had "heard" about the persecution it was altogether different to see it on the screen. One of the Pastors in India is actually a missionary we support at our church and have had the privilege to hear him speak at our church last fall. Kudos for sharing this post- this documentary needs to be seen by more brothers and sisters and we need to lift the church as a whole up in prayer- for strength and to be a good witness wherever God has called us- for His glory! - Nicole @ Working Kansas Homemaker

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home