CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Until He Tells Me To

It's been one of those weeks. As much as I try, I haven't been able to get ahead of my schedule. My heart and motivation are in the right place, but my brain seems to have taken an early spring break! The lack of focus has been driving me crazy!!! It's affected everything this week - housework, dinner planning, writing...and everything in between!
 
Those who have been following BBM may notice that I try to post at least twice a week (Mondays and Thursday). This week it didn't happen...and it really bothered me! It wasn't because I was too busy or forgot. In fact, the opposite was true. As much as I racked my brain, I couldn't come up with anything to say. I keep a notebook full of ideas and posts that I can pull from in times like these. Nothing seemed to jump out and scream, "Pick me!" So anxiously, I waited and prayed that God would show me what He wanted me to say.

Last night as I tried to fall asleep, I began to cry out to my Father for clarity, focus & direction. That's when He reminded me that HE is in control! He has given me the opportunity to write and has blessed this ministry with many faithful followers. His timing is perfect in all things, including posting. I understand the importance of keeping a schedule in regards to the ministry He has entrusted to me and strive to the best of my ability to keep that commitment.
However, I never want anything to be written that God hasn't directly laid on my heart to share.
When God called me to begin BBM, I committed to Him that I would write because He called me to and for no other reason! From the start, I've felt that God has great plans for BBM. If those plans included a few readers or many, the numbers and stats were not going to be my focus - writing the message that God has placed on my heart and called me to share is the ONLY reason I do this! 

The fact that people have chosen to visit BBM and walk with me on this straight and narrow way is an honor I do not take lightly. It truly humbles me when I see new friends being added each day to this community. I am so thankful for each day that He allows the words I write to impact, encourage and challenge hearts and minds.

So, if that means that there are weeks like this one, with just a short note, then that's o.k. ♥ 

2 comments:

Little Mommy Kim said... [Reply to comment]

You truly inspire me.  I'm so thankful to be a part of your community.  Thanks for helping to draw me back to what is really important.  

Torrie Sorge said... [Reply to comment]

You are so sweet Kim.  You bless me as well. It's a joy to have you partnering with me here ♥

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home