CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Favorite Makeup, Skincare & Cosmetics Products


I love to go shopping! When my mother-in-law comes to town, that's one of our favorite ways to spend time together. Neither of us are big spenders, more like professional window-shoppers :). But we both have a weakness for makeup & cosmetics. Sephora & Ulta are a MUST on the shopping circuit!! So I thought I would share a few of my favorite skincare/makeup/cosmetic products.

Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation - Look B1
Foundation - Napoleon Perdis China Doll - I've tried everything from drugstore discount makeup to high-end, expensive brands. I have dry skin, and this foundation is hydrating and oil-free. It can stay on all day without drying out, and becoming flaky. So for me, this is well worth the money! It covers so well!! You do not need a separate concealer (even for those dark circles or acne blemishes). A little goes a long way so the tube lasts a long time.



Mascara - Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara - Tried and true...Maybelline has mastered the mascara industry (in my humble opinion...lol). I used to love the original pink and green tube of "very black" mascara. That was until I tried the new line of Falsies. My lashes are average and this mascara gives them both length and volume. Best of all it's very affordable!





Eyeliner - Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner - Not only does Maybelline make an amazing mascara, but their eyeliner is also amazing! It's the only one I will use! Unstoppable lasts all day without smudging and I don't have any problems wearing it with my contacts. It's a must!!



I never thought much about my skincare until my early 30s when I began to experience adult acne. Again, after trying products ranging from the common name brands to the expensive cosmetic lines, I finally found a cleanser, moisturizer and makeup remover that work (at least for me they are wonderful ;) ).


Dermadoctor - Wrinkle Revenge 2 - Dermadoctor products were created by a dermatologist. Wrinkle Revenge comes in three stages 1, 2 & 3. I started with 1 which tingled the first few times I used it. It cleans deep into your pours. I have noticed fewer breakouts, and my skin looks brighter. This anti-aging cleanser has glycolic acid in it which helps with fine lines too.


Dermadoctor - Litmus Test pH Correcting & Renewing Glycolic Acid Facial Moisturizer  - Can you tell I LOVE this line of products?? Litmus Test, which also has glycolic acid in it to help with the onset of fine lines and wrinkles, is by far the best moisturizer I've ever used!! Since part of my face is very dry, I have always used heavy creams to moisturize, which in turned contributed to my acne as I got older. After moving to the desert, I had to find something that would hydrate my skin all day without making it oily. This product is so great, it was endorsed on The Doctors as a great Valentine's Day gift a couple years ago! It's not cheap, but it's worth every penny!


Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes - Night Calming - 25 Count
Neutrogena - Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, Night Calming - Before I lay my head down on my fluffy pillow, I have to take my makeup off. (This is new for me because until this whole acne thing, I never bothered t
aking my makeup off at night. Now my skin doesn't give me that option.) These towelettes are great. They are easy to use, and remove all my makeup, including my waterproof Falsies mascara.Twenty-five come in a pack and they stay moist all month (which surprised me because I didn't think the resealable package would really work, but it does!). They leave my face so soft and hydrated that I don't even have to use any other moisturizer at night! (That makes Litmus Test last longer :) ). The light lavender scent is so calming and relaxing that I look forward to using them right before bed each night. Oh, and they are at any Target, Walmart, Ulta or drugstore for under $7.00!!

So these are a few of my favorites, I'd love to hear what yours are. Leave a comment or let's continue chatting on our Facebook page. I look forward to talking with you! :-)

2 comments:

Little Mommy said... [Reply to comment]

I use the same eyeliner... love it!  HAVE to have Neutrogena oil-free SPF moisturizer, and Almay eye makeup removers.  

Alisonhector said... [Reply to comment]

Never heard of Dermadoctor before but it looks really good.  Will check it out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home