CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hooray for Hollywood?

Tonight is the Academy Awards, the biggest night in Hollywood; the one night that actors, actresses, producers, directors, composers, and countless other cinema professionals wait for all year. Tonight, fashions will be critiqued, careers will be made, hearts will be disappointed; trophies will be given, speeches will be read, red carpet will be walked...

After reading Courtney's post, My Reflections of the Academy Awards from her blog, Women Living Well, I was inspired to buy my own red carpet as a reminder that:

~ As I walk to my red carpet, I am thankful to have a husband and children to lovingly serve.
~ As I stand on my red carpet (with or without hair done or makeup on) I am beautiful in the eyes of my husband, the only earthly man's opinion I care about, and in the eyes of my Lord who created me in HIS image.
~ As I wash dishes at my red carpet, I am grateful for clean, running water that I daily take for granted.
~ As prepare countless meals and snacks at my red carpet, I am reminded that God provides all our needs.
~ As I clean my red carpet, I am reminded how God sent his Son, Jesus, to cleanse me of all my sins.

I may never walk the red carpet of Hollywood, wear a designer gown or give an acceptance speech; but, each day I walk up to my red carpet with confidence because of who I am in Christ, satisfaction in the contentment that is found in joyfully serving my family and thanksgiving for the many blessings God has so graciously given to me. It's more than can ever be found in a small, golden statue.

I love the way Courtney says it,
"There is no greater honor than the red carpet walk I do every morning in my kitchen. Join me, as you step up to your kitchen sink – in welcoming a joy that the world cannot understand."

6 comments:

Allie said... [Reply to comment]

Just hopped over from (in)courage and I really like what you said!  Our reward may not be instant, and it sure isn't happening amongst great lighting and perfect makeup...it is SO much better than a trophy.  sigh.  Thanks for the reminder!

Little Mommy said... [Reply to comment]

I love this. 

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Allie. Welcome to BBM! Thanks. It really spoke to me too when I read Courtney's post. I think we all need the reminder from time to time. :)

Alisonhector said... [Reply to comment]

I love that concept of our daily lives being an opportunity to strut our stuff on the red carpet.  Great post!

Melanie said... [Reply to comment]

That was a great post!!! I loved it!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home