CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gift Tags {A Simple How-To}




I'm am the farthest thing from a crafty girl. I always say that my aspirations completely outweigh my skill level! LOL! Well, with the help of a VERY crafty girlfriend, I made a set of gift tags for our our goody bags for the first day of our ladies Bible study. We are studying "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace, so we made survival kits for each of the women in our group. I have to say, they turned out pretty cute (if I do say so myself) ;-)



Here's what you'll need:
- pencil
- 2 pages of scrapbook paper that compliment each other
- siccors
- ruler
- stamp pad
- tape runner
- label

First, make your "stencil" for the tags. I used an old cereal box and just measured out how big I wanted the base and the inside (which a made 1/8" smaller in order to see the layered effect). When you have the size you want, you're ready to trace. I did all the tracing on the opposite side of the paper so the lines won't show.













Carefully, cut the tags out.


Next, rub the edges of each tag along the stamp pad. This will give the tags a distressed appearance.








Use the tape runner to attache the smaller tag to the center of the larger one, achieving a layer look.



Center your tag label. Attach with the tape runner. Punch a hole in the top and tie the ribbon. And there you have it! Your gift tag is ready to attach to your gift or goody bag. 





4 comments:

OneMommy said... [Reply to comment]

They really do make the gift look so professional!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks OneMommy! I think my crafty girlfriends are starting to rub off on me. :)

shelly Ford said... [Reply to comment]

I love those!! I recently made some gift tags out of scrapbooking materials I'd had around for a LONG time. Decided it was time to teach myself and you know what, they turned out cute as could be!! In all I made about 8, and set them aside for this coming Christmas---I plan to use up some kraft brown wrapping paper I have also had for YEARS and these tags will be such a cute addition to the packages. Great job on yours!

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

What a great gift idea. And so detailed on how to make it. I really enjoyed visiting your site.
Blessings, Michelle

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home