CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Memories in the Making

Yesterday was one of the Best Days Ever! Our little Princess and I got to have a very special "Princess Only" day. It was magical!

From the minute I saw that Beauty and the Beast was going to be re-released in theaters for a limited time, I had been planning our day. It was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up. I remember coming home from church on Sunday afternoons, popping in my VHS tape and watching it over and over. I couldn't wait to share this with my little girl.

My first movie!
I didn't want to just take her to the movies. This was her very first movie at a theater and I wanted it to be an experience we would both cherish. She dressed in her new Belle gown, complete with slippers, crown & wand. She even had Belle on her ponytail. This alone made her so excited! We took pictures next to the poster at theater. Although we went to the 10:50am show, we got popcorn and drinks (because what's a movie with the popcorn, right?!) Once inside we snapped a couple more shots.


 "This is awesome!" she exclaimed as we walked into Theater 17 to find our seats. She picked them out...all the way at the top. Oh, did I mention, we were the ONLY ones there. We had the whole place to ourselves! She settled into her "big girl" seat, situated her popcorn and drink and got ready for the show. The lights when down  and the show began. She did great! She loved the movie, the singing, the cute little cup-Chip, and even the Beast. She loved when Belle came out in the same gown she was wearing. "Look Mommy! Just like me!" Good thing the popcorn came with napkins. I needed them to dab my eyes more than once. This is definitely going to make it into our DVD collection!

I'm soooo excited!

Our Princess waiting in her big girl chair

Moments like this are a treasure. They are rare and priceless. Just like precious gems or works of art, they should be cherished. Before she went to bed last night, our Princess gave me a big, tight hug and said, "You're my best friend forever." "And you're mine, Sweet Girl." I said.  This really was one of THE BEST DAY EVER!

4 comments:

Fawn said... [Reply to comment]

Fun! We were recently at the Celine Dion concert and she mentioned this was being rereleased in 3D. Sounds like a new movie to take my nieces to see. I love that she chose the seats all the way at the top and you were the only ones there. I love having the theater all to myself - it's really the best! So happy you created this beautiful memory with your baby girl.

Audry Cece said... [Reply to comment]

So sweet!!! What a special time with your beautiful girl:)

Tracy Stoffell said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Torrie, I am so glad that you had this special moment with your daughter. This will be one of those times throughout her life that you will look back on and treasure. As I watch my 17 year old go through his last year in high school I find myself remember times like those with him.

You are blessed beyond measure.

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you ladies! I think this time was extra special for me because I felt as though I missed out on a lot when our son was little. I had to work full time and when I was home I just didn't know how to be a mom. Thankful God has opened my eyes in soooo many areas! Now my kids and I are able to build these special memories :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home