CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Gentleness Challenge


With the beginning of a new year, comes resolutions. I purposely do not make any because I don't believe in making promises I don't intend to keep. By the same token, there are many "challenges" floating around out there. I have read several of them, but nothing seem to speak to my heart, until now!

Courtney, from Women Living Well, has launched The Gentleness Challenge. One look at the tag line, "for mommies everywhere who struggle with their temper," and I knew this was the challenge I was suppose to do. I have written about my struggle with this very area in past blogs (Fruit and More Fruit).

This study is based on the Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23). Each Monday in January, she will be posting a video that coordinates with the challenge. Won't you join me in starting 2012 off a little more gentle, loving and kind?

11 comments:

Valerie said... [Reply to comment]

I am so excited to participate in Courtney's "Gentleness Challenge". What a godsend...it is so helpful to know that other mother's struggle with patience too!

Best wishes for a blessed 2012!

Kalpesh said... [Reply to comment]

This article is wonderful as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed.I am thankful as i got your article when was searching dedicated servers

Karen Dawkins said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you for sharing this information. I've been parenting a long time, and I need to let go of the push-button responses that built over the years. It's not easy, but it will help us transition as my kids become adults. YAY!

Tina @ The Blessed Couponer said... [Reply to comment]

I am so glad to have found your blog and looking forward to reading more.
Tina (http://theblessedcouponer.com)

Karen Dawkins said... [Reply to comment]

Torrie,
I'm in now. Thanks for sharing the link to the Gentleness Challenge. WOW!
http://karendawkins.blogspot.com/2012/01/building-barnacles.html

Fawn said... [Reply to comment]

I'm still not a mommy (God's timing is always the best timing - and thank goodness for that) but I'd like to participate. Although temper isn't really an issue for me, being more gentle and kind in my words certainly is as I tend to be a straight shooter. The Lord has been slowly teaching me that "authentic" and kind can still go hand-in-hand and if being authentic requires that I not be gentle, it's just better to say nothing.

Fawn said... [Reply to comment]

This made me think about years ago when i was looking in the concordance at 1 Peter 3:4 about having a gentle and quiet spirit. In the concordance it said the word for "quiet" used in this particular passage meant, "causing no disturbance to others." That has always stayed with me because that's so tough to do. But I'm working on it more and more each year and I'm better than I used to be but still a ways from where I need to be.

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Valerie - It's a great challenge! You are NOT alone. In fact, I don't know a mom that doesn't struggle in this area. God's got great stuff planned for this one!

Kalpesh - Wow! I am humbled to see how God directed you to BBM. So thankful for your comment and welcome to our family!!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Tina, I'm glad you found us too :-). May you be blessed and encouraged by what you read here. Most of all, may your heart be drawn even closer to His! Blessings

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Karen - Thanks for the link. I'll head right over and read your new post!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Fawn - I love your heart!! Thanks for sharing these verse in I Peter too. Wow!! "Not being a disturbance to others." Puts it into perspective, doesn't it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home