CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Gentleness Challenge -Week 3

"I'm so tried of yelling."
"Why don't they just do as I asked!?"
" I feel like I'm angry all the time."
 (sigh)...
I'm sure you've never said anything like this before, right? (wink, wink). It's week three of The Gentleness Challenge and Courtney dives into anger management. She lists four main reasons that us mommies get angry:

  1. Our Expectations Are Too High
  2. Exhaustion
  3. Disorganization
  4. Bitterness in Your Marriage

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on each step this week. She explains everything so well. I encourage you to read it in detail here. Let me just say this, she hit the nail on the head again with this post!! If you want to have a spirit of gentleness, you must also learn to control your anger.

As always, I have also posted this week's video at the end of this post. In the video, Courtney repeats a concept she shared in week 1 - It's not our job to be our child's Holy Spirit. Although it's a little longer than the previous videos, it's well worth your time!

God is continuing to do great things through The Gentleness Challenge. I know it's been tough. I want to encourage you today, stick with it! Pray!! God is faithful to complete the work He has begun!







2 comments:

Kim said... [Reply to comment]

It's so funny that I never thought I was an angry person until I had kids. Surprise! I let them bring out the worst in me. Looking back, my expectations and my exhaustion from my long work weeks always played a starring role in my anger.

I am grateful young moms have you and other bloggers to turn to for your experience!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! Thanks for your kind words. It blesses my heart to hear that the ministry of BBM is reaching, blessing & encouraging readers! I too am grateful for the blog community! It's such a wonderful resource for us to find wisdom, teaching, encouragement and friendship as we strive to be the wives, mommies & women God created us to be.
I'm so glad you have been able to pin point the source of your anger and are taking steps to nip it in the bud! Thank you for comment! I pray you continue to grow!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home