CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

10 Days of Proverbs 31 - Day 10

Photobucket


It's hard to believe this series is coming to a close. Thank you for joining me on this journey. It has been an honor to share with you, what the Lord has revealed through His Word. To be honest, this is the first time I have dug deep into Proverbs 31. The chapter has always intimidated me, making me feel guilty for not measuring up to what I perceived as unattainable standards. I'm so thankful that God nudged me into this study. He shined His light into the darkness and revealed the truth about this amazing woman!!

The Proverbs 31 woman is pretty remarkable isn't she? It's no wonder that she is called "rare". However, I don't believe she is rare because woman can't measure up to the example she sets; but rather, most women won't discipline themselves to strive for her level of excellence. It is my prayer that through this study, your eyes have been opened to the truth. Becoming like the Proverbs 31 woman is completely attainable. The question is, "Are you willing to put forth the time, effort and dedication necessary to become a woman who "is hard to find; her price is far above rubies. (vs 10)"


When our son looks at his weekly homework on Monday afternoon, it appears overwhelming. He is frustrated and discouraged as he looks at the task before him, wondering how he will ever get it finished on time. Yet, when we look at it together, break it down into manageable segments, spend time each day on the task, the homework gets done on time with little stress. Proverbs 31 is very similar.  Looking at verses 10-31 as a whole is, without a doubt, completely overwhelming. It is easy to become guilt-ridden, discouraged and give up.
FYI - This is exactly where the enemy want to keep you! Don't give him the satisfaction of allowing him to keep you from reaching your full potential in Christ!
Like our son's homework, if we learn to take one characteristic, one attribute at a time, one task at a time the transformation is much more tangible. 

Each day during this series I posed a challenge to you. Choose just one task from that day, try to implement it into your daily routine. How did you do? Many of you commented that this was just the boost you needed to get you started. Did you start? Did you put your desires into action? I hope so!! If you didn't, don't give up! Today is a new day. Begin today, this moment. Pray that God would be your help and your guide as you make the necessary changes in your own life to become more like the woman He created. He deeply desires to see you reach your fullness in Him, and so do I!!! I believe in a God who changes lives and I believe He can and will change your's if you let Him. Won't you please let Him?
 Becoming like the Proverbs 31 woman is completely attainable. The question is, "Are you willing to put forth the time, effort and dedication necessary to become a woman who "is hard to find; her price is far above rubies. (vs 10)"

I'm honored to welcome so many new readers to BBM through this series. If you would like prayer, please feel free to contact me. You can leave a message here in the comments, on our Facebook page , or for more privacy, at sorgemom2@yahoo.com. BBM is a safe place for you! You are valued and you are loved!


Be Blessed & Be a Blessing!

Don't forget to visit these contributors of 13 Blogs, 13 Topics, 1 Great God!




3 comments:

Ramona said... [Reply to comment]

I've enjoyed very much this study and I thank God for leading me to it. It has been a true blessing for me and an answer to my question about how should a Christian woman be. Bless you and keep sharing the thoughts of God! Also, I'd like to ask for your permission to translate this study into Romanian. I have a blog too and I would like to share it with my readers from Romania. What do you say? May I?

Fawn said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on this great blog series. The Proverbs 31 woman is indeed an amazing woman and I am all too happy to do my best to follow in her footsteps. Thanks, Torrie.

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Romona, Wow! First, let me say how happy I am that God is using BBM in your life. It is my sincere prayer that what is written here ministers and blesses those who read it. All I desire is for God to be glorified by BBM and for the truth to reach as many as possible! With that said, I am thrilled to give my permission to allow the series to be translated. I will message you privately with some details. Blessings!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home