I am far from a crafty gal. Give me and apron, let me cook or bake and I'm in heaven. Expect me to cut, draw or paste and I shudder. But, this year I wanted our pumpkin to be displayed past Halloween and last longer than the usual week after being carved; so I decided to paint it with a harvest theme. I was really pleased with the outcome. Below is the how-to:
- Quote or picture that you want to apply
- Pumpkin poker (they are included in carving kits)
- Sharpie or paint
- Bow and matching ribbon
- Tacky glue
2. Use the pumpkin poker to outline the image. (just like you would if you were going to carve it)
3. Use a fine tip Sharpie or paint to fill in the picture. (I used a marker because of the small detail & decorative font.)
1. Attached the bow around the stem with the twist-tie. If your pumpkin doesn't have a stem, use the Tacky glue or a hot glue gun to attach the bow directly to the pumpkin.
2. Measure the ribbon to the length you want, cut them.
3. Glue the ribbon together.
4. Once dried, glue the ribbon to the pumpkin, being sure to hide the tops under the bow.
5. Bend the ribbons and fluff the bow to your linking.