CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Twas' the Month Before Christmas


Twas' the month before Christmas
and all through the day,
Chaos was stirring
from every which way.

Baking and parites and
shopping galore.
Toys and laundry
piled high on the floor.

No time for housework.
The cleaning will wait.
There are too many things
piled high on my plate.

Just look at this list.
There's so much to do.
"Put down that cookie
and go find your shoe."

We have to go shopping.
There's gifts left to find,
Decorations to put up,
and lights to unwind.

It's dinner at Ihop.
Kids eat there for free.
Then we'll hurry home
and put up the tree.

Our budget is tight
but we always make due.
“What! You still have not

found your shoe!”
With shoes on and
Kids bundled up tight,
We will go brave the crowds
and fight the good fight.

Parking and traffic are
out of control.
I believe all this chaos is
taking it’s toll.

I’m stressed to the max!
Where is the joy?
Isn’t Christmas about more
than just presents and toys?

It’s not about parties,
cookies or trees.
It’s not about cards
we send annually.

It’s not about carols
sung by a choir
Or couples snuggled
up by the fire.

It’s not about Rudolph,
Santa or sleighs.
It’s not about grandmas
that got in their way.

It’s not about Scrooge,
the Grinch or an Elf.
Or a man who chuckled in
spite of himself.

All these traditions are joyous
and fun.
But Christmas is only
about the birth of God’s Son.

Love sent to Earth
as a sweet, tiny babe.
He was wrapped up in cloth
and laid in the hay.

Who came down from glory
for you and for me
That we’d be forgiven
and from sin set free.

So make this Christmas different.
There‘s no time to waste.
You have the choice
to slow down the pace.

Make this Christmas special
full of the wonder and glory
That only comes from a
Christ-centered story.

 

May the true meaning of Christmas ring in your heart and homes this holiday season. Merry Christmas & may 2012 be Blessed Beyond Measure!
 

 

22 comments:

futurehope said... [Reply to comment]

Ok. I love this. I am so impressed!!


Everything about it is perfect. Rhyme great, clever, AND reminds us To keep our focus in the right place even in all the hustle and bustle. Love it!! :)

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Awww, thank you so much for your sweet words. Merry Christmas!!

jamiejoy said... [Reply to comment]

So clever and cute! I absolutely loved it! Amazing job, Torrie!

Spring said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, love this!

Renata said... [Reply to comment]

This is great ~ thanks for sharing it!

Fawn said... [Reply to comment]

I love this! When we were growing up, we were taught that Christmas was Jesus' birthday and so we would give to the needy but not to each other. As a child that drove me nuts! But now as an adult, I appreciate it so much because Christmas time for me means a time of rest for my hubby and me. We don't exchange gifts so it's super simple. Not to mention his bday is Christmas eve and our anniversary is just a couple days later.

Karen Dawkins said... [Reply to comment]

Tee hee!!! Lovely post. I did a similar one last year, though mine is NOT as sweet or thoughtful. Nice post!
http://karendawkins.blogspot.com/2010/12/two-weeks-before-christmas.html

Kalyn said... [Reply to comment]

Very clever! You had me laughing and saying "that's so true" at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ms. Kathleen said... [Reply to comment]

Oh I must share this! Wonderful and your blog is beautiful! Have a wonderful week!

Monique Zackery said... [Reply to comment]

What a great post! And your blog is pretty too! This is a great reminder of what Christmas is really about: Jesus! :)

Kimberly said... [Reply to comment]

Torrie, I loved your poem! and I'm following. Nice to meet you and thanks for your comment as well on my blog. blessings my new friend!
Kimberly

Garden of Secrets
http://fleur-de-li.blogspot.com/

Doug and Debbie Crawford said... [Reply to comment]

Love this! What a great reminder of what the season is all about.

Gail Purath said... [Reply to comment]

What a great poem! You're very talented. Thanks for sharing...it was fun but with a good message.
Gail (Bible Love Notes)

Keri at Growing in His Glory said... [Reply to comment]

Love this poem! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. They are such a blessing to me. Thank you for taking the time to read this poem and comment. Blessings ♥

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

I LOVE this! So glad to come across it today as it is exactly how I have been feeling lately. {Sigh} I need to put my frustrations, stress and all aside and take time to focus on the real meaning for the season. It IS a choice and we must make that choice and shape our actions around that. Thanks for sharing!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Sarah, I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and more that it spoke to your heart. Have a very Merry Christ-centered Christmas!

laughwithusblog said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I'm featuring your post on tomorrow's "Share a favorite post and woo us to your blog!" I'm also posting it on Facebook. Thanks again.

Kristi Slattery said... [Reply to comment]

This is just wonderful, I loved this!!

Sandee Story said... [Reply to comment]

LOVED this! Would love for you to stop by my blog and some of my attempts at poetry if you get a chance. sandeestory.blogspot.com "For Such a Time as This . . ." :)

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Esther-I'm blown away! Thank you for featuring me today (and sharing this on FB). I just saw it on BF. Thank you (and all the ladies here) for their comments. They have blessed me so much.

Sandee-I'd be happy to stop by. I am by no means a poet. This just a one-time thing, inspired by God. I look forward to visiting your blog. I'll post a comment. Welcome to BBM! :-)

Pat Sorge said... [Reply to comment]

Awesome reminder! Thanks.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home