CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Cook Once & Eat Twice


With my mom having surgery on Tuesday, dinner is that last thing I want to worry about this week. But, I don't want my family dinning on a steady diet of fast food either. So I decided to minimize the cooking and maximize the meals.

This week's menu is all about cooking one meal and reusing the leftovers in something totally different. For example, on Monday make BBQ country style ribs. Before putting the leftovers away, take a fork and pull the meat apart. Voila! Your sandwiches are ready for Tuesday night's dinner. I purposely made the sides quick and easy too this week. Most of them can either be made up ahead of time (baked beans, coleslaw, au gartin potatoes) or they take less than 5 minutes to prepare (buttered peas and onions, steamed broccoli, salads).

So don't let a busy week be an excuse to take the easy way out. You're tummy, wallet and family will thank you!

5 comments:

Shannon Milholland said... [Reply to comment]

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing! (following from (in)courage)

jamiejoy said... [Reply to comment]

I love your menu ideas! I am horrible about getting into a rut with dinners and need inspiration to break out. =)

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks ladies and welcome. So glad you stopped by. :-) I look forward to checking out your blogs too! Blessings

Renata said... [Reply to comment]

Your meals sound wonderful ~ thanks for sharing about your cook once/ eat twice ideas as well. I've found what used to do our family for dinner with lunch the next day of leftovers is now just doing us for dinner, so I think I need to increase the quantity ( my boys are just growing, growing, growing!!) I'm your newest follower ~ I came through the (in)courage community!
Blessings
Renata:)

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Renata,
Welcome to BBM. It's an honor to have you following. I love the (in)community! ♥

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home