CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I ♥ Fall!


I LOVE fall!! It has become my favorite time of the year. For me, it's the beginning of the holiday season. I love the smell of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove; the bueaty of the leaves as they change color, the crisp air that calls for sweatshirts & jeans. I love the food: chili, carmel apples, pumpkin rolls, pumpkin spiced latte. (Now you didn't think I could mention fall foods without our Starbucks favorite. I mean it's fall when you're holding a pumpkin spiced latte and it's Christmas when you're shopping with an eggnog latte in your hand.) I love the activities: jumping in the leaves, hayrides, corn mazes, pumpkin carving, fall festivals and of course football!!

One of my most favorite fall activites is taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. For the past two years, I have had a specific one in mind; and each year something has happened, preventing us from making the 2 hour trip. So this year, my husband got tickets to a local patch. We didn't know anything about it. He just got an email with a coupon, so off we went. (Well, not exactly off...the kids and I drove by the day before to check it out. Needless to say, it was not exactly what we ( I mean "I") had in mind.) It was at a local ranch and was much smaller than I had anticipated. But trying to stay positive, I encouraged the kids to give it a chance, all the while trying to convience myself to do the same.


So the next day after school, the four of us piled in the SUV and off we went. We arrived just as it was opening. As we walked in, there were pumpkins EVERYWHERE. There were horses (not ponys) to ride, a hay pyramid to climb, hayrides,  a variety of farm animals to pet and feed. The kids were in heaven! They fed carrots and celery to the horses. They rode the horse. We all went for a hayride (which my allergies still haven't forgiven me for). They climbed to the top of the hay-ramid. And we all agreed on the biggest pumpkin we could find!! It was a great afternoon; full of fun, our favorite family traditions, and new memories. Sometimes the best days together are the ones that didn't start out just the way you planned. 

Logan and Leah petting a cute bunny.

They made it to the top! Not so sure she likes it much. :)


Ready for our hayride.


My hero! Daddy carrying our special pumpkin.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home