CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Best Mother in Law!

At our Bible study this week, we had a special treat. One of the girls brought her visiting mother-in-law (MIL) with her. For most of the time, she just sat quietly as she listened to us discuss our study. Then at the end, she began to share how God has worked in her life, her experiences, she gave advise to us young moms, and she shared the love she has for her daughter-in-law. She was an absolute delight! As I listened to her, my mind continued to reflect on my own MIL, and what a special gift she is to me.

From the time my husband and I began dating, my (now) MIL has always accepted me just the way I am. This was huge! Most of my life I had felt like an outsider. Her gracious acceptance of me was the beginning of what has become a beautiful, sweet relationship.

Over the years, our relationship has continued to blossom and grow. We are more than in-laws. We are more than family. We are friends. We genuinally enjoy each other's company-shopping together, talking together, hanging around the house together. We look forward to the time we get to spend together, especially since we live in different states. We talk often, even if it's just a quick "Hi. I was thinking of you. Love ya!" But what makes our relationship even more special is that we each have a deep love for Jesus. Over the past couple of years, we have grown even closer as we have shared what God is doing in our lives-watching him provide for all of our needs, giving us strength to go through some very challenging circumstances, extending an encouraging word to each other, trusting that God is ultimately in control and resting in that promise. It's one thing to have a friendship with someone. It's something so much more special when you are able to freely share your faith with them.

When I got married, I realized that I was not only marrying my husband. I was marrying into a family. It breaks my heart that so often, MILs are seen as meddling, troublesome, unwelcomed house guests that have to be put up with from time to time. I am so blessed that God has given me not only a wonderful husband, but also the best in-laws I could have ever prayed for.

2 comments:

awomanforhim said... [Reply to comment]

Love this post! I'm also blessed with a wonderful Christian mother-in-law (and father-in-law!). I know it's a difficult relationship for a lot of people, and I'm extremely thankful for such a gift!

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you! I totally agree. It's such a special gift.

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home