CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time for Me

I'm exhausted! Even as I write this post today, I am struggling to keep my eyes open. Blame it on the heat, the humidity, or just life in general - but Momma needs a break (or at least a nap)!

Sometimes, we as moms, think we are the Energizer bunny. We just keep going until our tank is empty, then we continue to run on fumes. And if we do take a couple of minutes (and I do mean a couple of minutes) for ourselves, that little voice begins reminding us of all the things that still need to be done. Whether it's society or our own need to feel like Super Mom, we tell ourselves to just keep going right into exhaustion. We become stressed out and frustrated. We aren't able to be the wives, mothers, friends or women we want to be, that we're called to be. And really the solution is simple: all we need is a break. And guess what??? It's ok!! In fact, it's necessary.

I learned shortly after I became a SAHM (stay at home mom) that although I had everything I ever wanted, I needed some "me time". I found it doesn't have to be long, maybe only 30 minutes or so. But I desperately needed it and I bet you do too. Find something you enjoy-read a book, take a nap when the kids take one, go to the gym, grab a cup of coffee, just sit and enjoy the silence, re-discover a hobby. The dishes and laundry will still be there when you're done. Chances are you will be refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of your day.  So what are you waiting for? Go enjoy some "me time" before the kids find you online. :)

1 comments:

Trish said... [Reply to comment]

Advise well-given. We need "down" time. Thanks for your honesty and advise :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home