CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Change my heart, Oh God!



As a parent, you experience everything your kids go through, just on a grander scale. When they succeed, you beam with joy; when they fall, you rush to pick them up; when they are sad, your heart break with them and when they make a tough (but right) choice you smile and thank God that at least something you said got through.

I thought the hard part of parenting was the sleepless nights, the potty training, the whining, the temper tantrums and the embarrassing questions from the mouths of babes. Oh, how wrong I was! I think God has given me two children with a 6 1/2 year age gap as a reminder that in fact...this is the easy part! I'm coming to the conclusion that the older they get the harder your heart breaks for them and the more prayers you pray. So then why is it so hard for me to totally pray my kids over to God? I mean, He created them, and loves them more than I could ever imagine. He has allowed my husband and I the privilege of caring for them, and trusted us to do so. So as they are beginning to make their own choices (and not all of them being what I would make for them), why don't I trust that He will cover them, protect them, guide them, and ultimately bring them back to Him if need be? I trust God so completely with other areas of my life, yet find it such a struggle to give my precious babes back to Him. When in fact, they were His precious angels before they were mine.

Tonight, my 9 year old prayed that God would change his heart and help him be more kind to his sister. But his isn't the only heart that needs to change...


"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." ~ Proverbs 22:6

3 comments:

Keri at Growing in His Glory said... [Reply to comment]

I too struggle with "letting go" of my children. My oldest is only 2 1/2, but it's still a challenge to entrust her wholly and completely to God, even though I know my husband and I are but her stewards.

Still, I think you must be doing a terrific job for your son to pray that sweet prayer. You don't have to worry. You have planted the seed; let God cause the growth (I Cor. 3:7)

Torrie said... [Reply to comment]

Hi Keri,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our children have to go through their own trials, stuggles and mistakes so that God can mold them into what He has created them to be. Sometimes, I just have to remind myself that His masterpiece will be so much more beautiful than anything I could ever imagine.

Ashley Pichea said... [Reply to comment]

It's so good to "meet" you! I'm stopping by via the Blog Bash 2011... have a BLESSED weekend!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home