CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More Fruit - Gentleness

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a blog about how God spoke to me in a new way regarding the Fruit of the Spirit, especially in regards to parenting my kids. I don't know about you; but, it's been my experience that God always provides ample opportunities to "practice" whatever it is He wants me to work on. In this case, it's being more gentle and less frustrated with my children. Ahhhh, summer break-what better time to work on not being frustrated with my kids. I mean I haven't heard "I'm bored," enough times to make me want to scream!

Well, the first week went fairly well. I really began to notice that as I was more calm in my response to them, the situation defused more quickly and things ran more smoothly. But, as our schedule got busier, my frustration got greater, my temper got shorter and my work on being more gentle got pushed to the side. I never really thought I had a temper (those who really know me...stop laughing!) Ok, so I guess I could have a temper at times, but not on a regular basis. But lately, I'm beginning to see that it's definitely an area of sin in my life that I need to work on.

Today I had began again. It wasn't until late in the day that I thought about my desire to become more gentle with my words. So better late than never, right! At bedtime, I spoke with kindness in my voice. I stuck to the evening routine. And I wasn't tired and exasperated, as usual. I'm still in shock at how smoothly it went. Even the 2 yr old hopped right in bed, without any arguing! See miracles do exist!! :-)

As I sit here, typing away in the quiet of my sleepy home, I'm so thankful that God never gives up on us. No matter how many times we fail. He loves us enough to lift us up, brush us off, and help us start again.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you so much for your forgiveness and grace. Thank you for showing me areas of my life that need to change and helping me make those changes. Please continue to remind me when I need to be more gentle and kind. Help me show the same grace to others that you show to me each day. Make my life and this blog a blessing to someone, I pray. In your precious name, Amen.

"He's still workin' on me, to make me what I ought ta be... How loving and patient He must be. He's still working on me!" ~Sunday school song

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home