CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thanks for visiting BBM. We are happy you've stopped by and would love for you to become a part of our community. Simply subscribe to our RSS feed or by email so you don't miss a thing! You can also follow BBM on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dinner Disaster

Today as I was making dinner I wondered if June Cleaver ever had an off day. Now I don't wear heels, pearls or dresses just to clean the house, but I do take a lot of pride in my role as a stay-at-home wife & mommy. I try to keep the house as neat as possible (which between the 2-year-old's toys and the 9-year-old's socks & Legos is a never-ending task), clean, run earrands, do laundry & make dinner each night. Most days things go pretty well; every once in awhile you just have "one of those days".
Well, I have to confess, the whole day wasn't "off", just the dinner part. On Sunday afternoon, I prepared 3 dinners that I put in the freezer. I decided to use one of them tonight. It was a new recipe and I was anxious to try it, Chicken Wonton Rolls. Being a lover of chinese food, I thought it sounded pretty yummy. I decided some fried rice & sesame cucumber salad would round out the meal. Sounds good so far, right? I got the rolls out of the freezer, started the rice, chopped the veggies, made the salad dressing. Everything was on its way. After 15 minutes in the oven, it was time to flip the rolls over to bake on the opposite side. Oh the horror!! They were burnt! :( So I flipped them over anyways for just a couple more minutes. Then I checked the rice. Are you kidding me!!! I like sticky rice, but this was just a glob. I could hear Gorden Ramsey in the back of my mind saying, "Ah, come on! You're not gonna serve that, you donkey!" But with only 5 minutes before Tony & the kids returned from the park, what other choice did I have? Yep, you guessed it...takeout! So with disappointment in my voice, I called Tony and told him what had happened; told him it was "ok" but definately nothing I would make again and that he may want to pick up something on the way home. But being the loving husband that he is, he said it would be fine. " You've already made it, and I'm sure it will be fine." Now that's love! Not so sure he'd feel the same after tasting it.
Well, I don't know what Ward would have done, but I'm guessing he would have eatten it too. The kids even tried it (eventhough they finished their meals with PB&J).
It's been a long time since I watched Leave It to Beaver, but I think it's safe to say that even June had a "please-don't-make-that-again" dinner. ;) Oh, well at least there were homemade chocolate peanut butter cup cupcakes for dessert!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a few minutes to stop by BBM. It's my prayer that this blog has been used by God to bless you today. I'd love to hear from you. This is a safe place to learn, grow and support each other. All I ask is that all comments are respectful. Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Linked Up Here:

Monday:
Tuesday:
Growing Home tasty-tuesday_thumb_thumb_thumb1_thu
Wednesday:
Thursday:

BBM is Featured Here!

Growing Home